The Hinterland Scarecrow Festival and Trail is returning to the peninsula hills during the September school holidays every two years.
Now running for 10 years, the Scarecrow Festival and Trail has evolved into a unique community art form. Lovingly hand-crafted using a range of materials, they have been devised and assembled by local children, families, wineries, artists, schools, businesses and range from the wacky to the extraordinary.
Everyone can get involved in the fun and WIN great prizes!
- Make a Scarecrow based on the ‘ A Moment in Time’ theme or go for a more traditional scarecrow, sculpture or farm year art which will be hosted in the Hinterland
- Admire the Scarecrows by grabbing a car-load of friends and family to drive around the hinterland hills and vote for your favourite ‘People’s Choice’ online
- Visit Festival Day coinciding with the Red Hill Market, to hear the winner announcements.
- Snap a selfie of the scarecrows, hashtag #hinterlandscarecrow and upload on Facebook.
- Become an event Sponsor – get the exposure for you business by sponsoring the event or an award.
The hinterland region covers Red Hill, Red Hill South, Arthurs Seat, Main Ridge, Flinders, Balnarring, Merricks and Merricks North on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, one hour’s drive south-east of Melbourne.
Proudly brought to you by the Mornington Peninsula Hinterland Tourism Association. A BIG thank you to our sponsors and supporters.