Jump in the car with your family or friends, cruise the hills and spot the wonderfully hand-crafted scarecrows on our touring trail – September school holidays 16 September – 3 October 2016.
Join in the fun!
- Vote for the People’s Choice Scarecrow – tell us which one you love and WIN great prizes
- Take a Selfie – WIN great prizes
- Spot the Scarecrow– It’s a bit like a scavenger hunt! – come back here when the scarecrows are up to our question and answer game that you can print out and submit to WIN more prizes.
The Scarecrow Festival Trail is located on the Mornington Peninsula’s hinterland, approximately one hour south-east of Melbourne. It encompasses Red Hill, Red Hill South, Arthurs Seat, Main Ridge, Balnarring, Merricks and Merricks North (see map below).
Awards for the scarecrow competitions will be presented on Scarecrow Festival Day, 1 October, 1pm at Red Hill Recreational Reserve, Red Hill:
Best Aussie Icon Scarecrow
- Best Traditional Scarecrow
- People’s Choice Scarecrow
- Best School Scarecrow
- Best Artist’s Sculpture Scarecrow.
If you are in the area on Saturday 1 October 2016 – Join us for the Scarecrow Festival Day in Red Hill.
There will also be lots of free fun activities for the kids. It coincides with the famous Red Hill Craft Market.
Scarecrow Trail Map
An interactive Google Map hightlighting the name and location of scarecrows. Hover over the dots to see scarecrow descriptions and builders.
Key: Blue diamonds – Aussie Icon Scarecrows
Yellow squares – Artist Category Scarecrows
Purple circle – Schools/Kindergarden scarecrows