Please note: Unfortunately, the 2018 Hinterland Scarecrow Festival will not go ahead due to a lack of funding. We are negotiating the future of the event now and will advise our future plans shortly.
Jump in the car with your family or friends, cruise the hills and spot hand-crafted scarecrows on our scarecrow touring trail – September school holidays.
Join in the fun! You will be able to:
- Take a Selfie – to WIN great prizes
- Vote for the People’s Choice Scarecrow – tell us which one you love and WIN great prizes
- Take a Selfie – and post it to our Facebook page #hinterlandscarecrow for you chance to WIN great prizes
- Spot the Scarecrow– It’s a bit like a scavenger hunt! – come back here when the scarecrows are up to answers our questions to WIN more prizes.
The Scarecrow Festival Trail is located on the Mornington Peninsula’s hinterland, approximately one hour south-east of Melbourne. It encompasses Red Hill, Red Hill South, Arthurs Seat, Main Ridge, Balnarring, Merricks and Merricks North and Flinders (see map below).
Awards for the scarecrow competitions will be presented at the iconic Red Hill Market, 6 October, at Red Hill Recreational Reserve, Red Hill:
Best ‘Great Moment in Time’ Scarecrow
- Best Traditional Scarecrow
- People’s Choice Scarecrow
- Best School Scarecrow
- Best Artist’s Sculpture Scarecrow.
Scarecrow Trail Map
An interactive Google Map hightlighting the Hinterland Region where you will find the scarecrows. Scarecrow names, descriptions and the exact location of each scarecrow will be included for you to navigate the trail in early September 2018.
Key: Blue diamonds – Great Moments in Time Scarecrows
Yellow squares – Artist Category Scarecrows
Purple circle – Schools/Kindergarden scarecrows